A final hurrah for Year 8
Looming clouds didn’t deter Year 8 when they arrived in rural Aberdovey for their Welsh adventure.
With not a moment to lose the boys set about their activity for the week going for a ‘jog and dip’. A variety of team building activities kept the boys busy for the rest of the week, including rock climbing, before setting about navigating their way to their campsite for Wednesday night. Putting up tents would be the first challenge once in situ, before enjoying a well-earned meal! The week in Wales set the pace for what is going to be an action packed few weeks as they embark on their Leavers' Programme once back at Davenies next week. When asked 'What was the most enjoyable aspect, the following comments from the boys summarise an engaging, inspiring and challenging week…..
- Camping in the middle of nowhere…as it was scary because we had no help if anything went wrong!
- Hiking…I enjoyed the hiking because it challenged me. I learned that motivation is key to help the whole team.
- Expedition…I learned how to communicate with one another and I really liked the challenge.
- Hiking…because we all saw each other in a different aspect.
- High wall…because it filled me with adrenaline and sometimes teamwork is the only way.
- The leap of faith…it will put you out of your comfort zone!
- The whole week…Learning more about my friends.
- The leap of faith…having faith in my friends because they were the ones holding me up from falling.
- Expedition…I learned to persevere. It was challenging.
- Jetty Jump…It was fun and high. Just go for it and don’t think!
- Expedition…Helping people who were struggling a lot.
- Kayaking…I was not the best but in the end I got the satisfaction of finishing. I learned not to give up and to persevere.