Aims of the School
Davenies’ vision is to engage, inspire and challenge.
Davenies’ mission is to ensure that every boy experiences a breadth of educational opportunities, encouraging and cultivating a lifelong eagerness for learning, whether academic, creative, artistic or sporting. We encourage the boys to discover their own passions and talent, to develop determination and resilience, to reach their potential, and to become mindful and thoughtful individuals, with a strong sense of service, responsibility and community.
Davenies’ aims are:
- To offer academic excellence alongside an extensive educational experience
- To deliver contemporary and highly skilled teaching approaches whilst embracing traditional values
- To provide a vibrant, caring and inclusive environment to which all boys contribute and within which they thrive
Fundamental to this is our understanding of boys and how we approach their learning, whilst never losing sight of each boy as an individual.
Davenies’ ethos underpins our vision to engage, inspire and challenge:
- By engaging, we develop curious, reflective and enthusiastic thinkers
- With inspiration, we nurture motivated and ambitious learners
- Through challenge, we cultivate courageous and determined characters
Davenies’ spirit provides the stepping stones that develop courteous, confident, thoughtful and independent young men, and supports our school’s motto, singulus pro fraternitate labourans – each striving for the good of all.