Step into Christmas
On the eve of Advent there was no holding back the Christmas excitement at Davenies. The whole Davenies Community was out in full force sipping mulled wine and hot chocolate, enjoying yummy cakes and perusing the market stands under twinkling lights. All this whilst enjoying carols sung by the amazing parent and teacher choir, led by Tessa Suggett and accompanied by Elena Bridges and the Junior choir led by Mr Gilbert. We returned home that night full of Christmas cheer, laden with reindeer pots filled with sweet treats and sporting huge elf ear hats and upside down Santa trousers on our heads!
A big thank you from Friends of Davenies to the Davenies Community for coming along and supporting the FoD Christmas Market, in particular special thanks to:
- Mrs Suggett and Mrs Bridges and the whole choir who rehearsed diligently to give the most perfect performance on the day
- Mr Gilbert and the junior choir
- Our talented bakers for their culinary delights
- Mrs Newell and her lunchtime art club students who created some beautiful reindeer pots and gift tags and helped to sell them
- All the parents who helped set up, man and take down the stalls
- Not forgetting Davenies Facilities Manager, Mr Gudge and his great team who made the magical market stalls appear and disappear!
Friends of Davenies wishes you all a very Merry Christmas and looks forward to lots more FoD fun at Davenies in 2019.