A key element of their Davenies Award Scheme (DAS), Year 7 delivered their Endeavour Projects to a mixture of parents, staff and boys, wowing them with their passion and knowledge.
The boys teamed up to research and deliver a short talk on a topic of their choosing, complete with a wide array props and interactive elements including: the development of the mobile phone, home-made dog treats, cricket balls, model aeroplanes, geographical case studies to name just a few! This project is a huge part of their DAS programme that fully encapsulates the School’s mission to Engage, Inspire and Challenge as boys in the Senior School work on the following skills that will serve them well at their next school:
- To spend time researching and presenting on a topic of your choice
- To plan effectively
- To show effective leadership and team work skills
- To use your time wisely – time management is key so you do not panic at the last minute!
- To be creative and show passion about your chosen topic
- To present clearly and with confidence
- To use different mediums to present – Videos – time lapses if constructing – Quizzes – Hand Outs – Props etc.
- To work to a deadline
The boys did a fantastic job and spoke with knowledge and an abundance of passion on their chosen topics and parents left wowed by just how much they had achieved.