Davenies’ exciting curriculum offers a wide range of subjects allied to an ambition to delve more deeply into them. This provides an engaging, inspiring and challenging education. Our approach to teaching and learning embraces a distinct Davenies Language of Learning that encourages the boys to be:
- Courageous – take risks to improve learning
- Curious – ask questions, listen to answers and read widely
- Enthusiastic – eager to learn at all times
- Perseverant – keep trying even when learning becomes difficult
- Reflective – think about how to continue to make good progress
These attributes help to develop independence and provide a positive approach to learning in boys from the age of four. It also enhances their self-esteem, which, in turn, leads to greater academic attainment. Growth in all of these areas gives every child the tools to get the most from their education at Davenies. Their individuality is valued highly and, therefore, each boy is encouraged to think for himself, embrace every challenge and excel at every opportunity.